Results 1 to 5 of 5

Thread: Xtal Control for Beau. 4008

  1. #1
    Steve Mick
    Guest Steve Mick's Avatar

    Post

    I just bought a 4008ZM4. One of the things that I found in the box was a Super8Sound Crystal Camera Control. There is a link to a picture of it below. I know what it does, but don't know how to connect it to my camera. Anyone out there have any ideas?

    Thanks,
    Steve
    http://www.thinkrocket.com/images/P0001368.JPG

    ------------------

  2. #2
    crimsonson
    Guest crimsonson's Avatar

    Post

    I had the same unit for my Nizo Pro.

    The two wires together where connected to a added port by the lens on the body (probably where the shutter is actually is inside) and the other connected to the flash sync input. The third connection seems strictly 4008 related. There must be another port for that. Do you have the wires for it?

    There should also be a red light that is by the two wires. If you are connected properly the sync unit gets its power from the flash input. It will light up and the your motor should run.

    The problem you might also encounter is that 4008 is loud. You need to find a way to dampen the motor noise, especially in indoors shoots.

    ------------------

  3. #3
    Steve Mick
    Guest Steve Mick's Avatar

    Post

    I paid $320 for the entire ZM4 package which included 3 batteries, the crystal control, the Schneider 6-70 zoom lens and assorted other bits and pieces.

    The only places the cables seem to fit are in the power socket on the back for the larger cable and a hole right next to it for the smaller cable.

    I'm going to play around a bit this weekend and see if I can get the magical red light to glow. I'll let you all know.

    Thanks,

    Steve

    ------------------

  4. #4
    ulrichsd
    Guest ulrichsd's Avatar

    Post

    Sorry, I can't help you with your question, though I'm sure someone else will. Just curious, how much did you pay for yor camera and where did you get it from. It is funny that a crystal control was just thrown in with camera, I wonder how much extra those cost. I always thought that crystal syncing required internal camera modification, the film group does this for aprrow. $500 I believe.

    ------------------

  5. #5
    Imanuel
    Guest Imanuel's Avatar

    Post

    How does a Crystal Camera Control work? What does it do?

    ------------------
    Imanuel

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •